How I learned to knit and crochet...

Today I want to share with you the story, why I like to knit and to crochet and how I learned to work with yarn.
When I was five or six years old, my mom taught me and my sister, how to knit. It was interesting, but I was able to knit Knit and Purl stitches, several patterns and that's all.
Real knowlages I received when I was 11 years old, I think. One woman came to the school, where I studied, and gave free classes of crochet and knitting to all who wants.
My mom was happy with this opportunity. Lesson were three hours long and twice per week. We attended these classes for four years.
But, only now, in eight years, I understand how important and useful they were.
We learned there how to knit basic and advanced patterns, how to knit hat, socks and gloves, how to crochet doilies and even how to create a little sweater, that I can wear on my teddy bear.
I have big bag at home with my works, that I made on this lessons. Below you can see photos of some of them.
I was not so successful as my sister. She even participated in different contests and recieved prizes. I was a little bit lazy and not neat. So, my works were not really beautiful.
I cannot say that now my works are great and neat, but I do my best. I continued to do something with yarn all this years, and I tried to improve my skills. You can see my recent works on my instagram page @tonia.handmade and I hope you will like them.
Please, write your questions in comments I will be happy to answer them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I use English for my blog an IG account?

Big or small project?