Why I use English for my blog an IG account?

Yesterday my friend asked me: "Why you use English in your Instagram account?"
I am from Ukraine, so my native language is Ukrainian and also I know Russian from my childhood. I started to learn English at school, continued in university and now use it at work. 
This language become part of my life. Sometimes, I cannot remember some words in Russian, but I know them in English.
So partially, I decided to have my IG account in English, to have an opportunity to use it even more, to improve my knowladges and to express my thoughts and feelings in this language.
Also, another goal was to allow people that don't know Ukrainian and Russian to read my posts. I know that now it is so easy to translate any text with a few clicks, but I want to be a part of English speaking community.
More and more people learn English. This language can be international soon, who knows?
Of course, every one of us should use and remember his own language, but it is great to be able to understand people from other countries as well.

Learn new languages and stay healthy,
Tonia

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How I learned to knit and crochet...

Big or small project?